Today the Nativity feast was celebrated with great pomp. The new paddy was blessed and the cradle of Infant Mary was taken in proession by offering flowers to Infant Mary by the children. The hymns of Mother Mary were sung on the way. The solemn Eucharistic celebration was offered by Rev . Fr. Paul pinto along with the parioshners. Rev.Fr.Paul Pinto cermoned that we living in a family should imbibe the qualìties and characteristics of Mother Mary and try to live in perseverance. M.C was Mr.Dhillon Mendonca and the other Liturgical rites were performed in a very disciplined way.
Oct 2016 to March 2017
- Financial support of Rs.20500/- given to Mr.Francis D’Souza of St.Antony Ward, Surathkal Parish to meet his medical ( kidney dialysis) expenses.
- Financial aid of Rs.20,000/- given to Mrs.Jyothi Rodrigues of Mukka Parish towards the medical ( cancer ) expenses.
- A training session by Mr.Walter Monis and Mr.Harry Pais was conducted in the month of November , 2016 for the benefit of Catholic Sabha members of Surathkal Unit and others.
- It was celebrated in December 2016 and 85 kids and their parents were presented with a gift. Lucky kid competition was conducted and prizes were distributed.
- Catholic Sabha members of Surathkal Unit visited Ashram at “Olavina Halli Ashram” Kinya , Talapady , Mangalore and donated Rs.17,000/- rice, coconut and other items. An entertainment programme was organized for the inmates. 25 members of Catholic Sabha were present on that day.
- Office bearers meet conducted by Central Committee at Bajjodi, Mangalore on 25 th & 26 th March 2017 was attended by 6 office bearers of our unit.
It is a tradition in Surathkal's Sacred Heart church on August 15th to celebrate Independence day and also “Konkani phudara divas”. The president of the programme Rev.Fr.PaulPinto said that we should honour our language I.e. Konkani its traditions and culture and can make this community to intermingle with each other not only exchanging love and togetherness but also to teach our next generation our different varieties of food and it's sweetness and delicacies. Chief guest was Mr.Elias Sanctis
propagated about konkani and how to improve it by giving more importance and honour.on this occasion.